Monday, April 27, 2009


Our school held a Anti-Smoking Campaign, which students were asked to create pieces of art that they thought showed the point, of anti-smoking.
Our graphics class were asked to make 3ads. One Poster, 10" by 16", a Traditional art form and one Non-traditional art form.

To start, i 'googled' Reasons to quit smoking. Many facts came up, I choose one by thinking on what would catch an eye. Which i thought was numbers, ratios, for people to see that affect it has. From there i came up with my slogan.

Above^, is my Poster that is 10"by16". The picture was self took, and edited with Adobe Photoshop. The placement of the text was chosen by not placing it aligned, so it does not look too formal. The three cigarette characters at the bottom right, was a tie-in for the entire ad series. Like a Known label, such as the Stupid.ca Skull.



This is my Traditional art form. I choose to do a subway poster. So i changed the sizing of the original poster to 7"by16". And moved the text up to the top left corner.


And this is my non-Traditional art form. I decided to do stickers, So i printed these out on sticker sheets, and cut them out. I choose stickers because, i think they are a easy fast spread of advertisement. And with a known logo, people would recognize the campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment